Sep 19, 2010

Marc's Mission Trip to Haiti

Some of you might know, Marc is on a mission trip to Haiti for the week. He sent out this e-mail I thought I would share here:

Dear friends,

In less than 36 hours I will be in Haiti starting my weeklong mission trip at an orphanage in Croix-des-Bouquets, right outside of Port-au-Prince, Haiti. God told me earlier this year that it was time for me to go back and to serve. Our church started a partnership with a ministry/orphanage Haiti a little bit before the earthquake occurred. Our church had wanted to have one global focus and the leadership was directed towards Haiti. Our group leaving tomorrow will be the second of three teams that will be going there this year.

It's been a while since I've been to Haiti (18 years). Some of you have been there more recently than I have... So it will be somewhat surreal to experience going back under these conditions. I have no idea what to expect, and that is great! Our main mission during that week will be to serve the orphanage, help rebuild, love on those kids there, and share the news of His kingdom. The orphanage is also the only International House of Prayer in the area and they make intercessory prayer part of their daily lives. I am looking forward to see what God will do with our team and experience Him in a totally different way.

Please pray for God's protection for my family here, Alysia, Athelie, and B.I.B. Yes there's a B.I.B, with a Feb expected arrival date! Also pray for God's will be done with us while there.

Until next time... Peace out & Peace within,
Marco.

If you'd like to kept up to date with the team, our church is keeping a daily blog of their events. You can check it out here.

P.S. Are you suprised - a post about something other than Athelie...and you thought this blog was all about her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment