Mar 10, 2011

The last 3 weeks...

They've been a bit crazy for us here. I'm way behind on blogging. I blame giving birth and then getting sick for the lack of energy and time to keep up with regular posts. Plus, all the late night feedings...

Anyways, Athélie seems to have adjusted to a little person in the house. She has learned to be gentle with Stasiya and not to be rough with her. Still, sometimes she'll forget or doesn't understand, like this morning, she tried to lay on top of Stasiya, who of course probably felt like she was getting crushed. Poor thing. It will take time. In the meantime, I'm not leaving the girls together unsupervised - that's for sure. But really, Athélie is really loving and sweet, she gives her sister tons of kisses and hugs which is really sweet. And she's even started helping me a little which is good for both of us.
Mimi leaves today. She's been here for almost 3 weeks. Athélie has really enjoyed playing with her and snuggling with her. I think she'll really miss her once she is back home. We will officially be adjusting to life with 2 girls and transitioning to a family of 4. It will be quite challenging I am sure, I am thankful that I am feeling better and recovered before having to deal with the challenges ahead.
Stasiya is 3 weeks old. She is such a good baby. She only fusses if she is too hot or too cold. Plus, she really doesn't like to have her diaper changed. And she seems to be a little sensitive to spicy foods - like the green chili I ate from New Mexico :-(. I'll have to watch what I eat while I'm nursing her. She's already getting a double chin though and putting on weight. It's so fun having a little baby to snuggle with. She is the best!
We got our pictures back from the photographer. I can't wait to print some out to frame for our walls. I plan on working on a new banner for the blog too using some of the new pictures. Here's some of my favorites.



















There's more pics from our newborn shoot - I'll share those later.

No comments:

Post a Comment