May 26, 2012

The Funny Things She Says - I

Athélie has been saying some pretty funny things lately. She talks a lot and we have lots of conversations around our house. And sometimes Marc and I have to try not to laugh at the things she says. I'm going to try to document some of these things. I'm sure one day it will be fun to remember them.
Yesterday after the girls nap I go into their room and Taylee has been busy busy. I'm not even sure if she took a nap.
Me: "Did you take a nap?"
Tay: "I slept twenty. Stas slept ELEVEN."
Me: "Did you wake her up?"
Tay: "I say cock-a-doodle-doo."
Me: "Was it time to say cock-a-doodle-doo?"
Tay: "Yes I say COCK-A-DOODLE-DOO!"
Here's another: Athelie loves reading her Toodler bible and has a list of favorite stories. One of them is the story of John the Baptist. Here's a conversation Marc had with her while reading this story. 
Marc: "Jesus was baptized by John the Baptist in water and other people got baptized also."
Tay: "Daddy got baptized at church too."
Marc. "You are right. Daddy did get baptized. He did that to tell everyone that Jesus is his friend. Do you want to tell people that you're Jesus' friend too?"
Pause...
Tay: "No."
Marc: "Why?"
Tay: "I don't want to get my hair all wet!" (We'll have to work on that.)

No comments:

Post a Comment