Dec 10, 2012

Christmas Card - the writing there of

Ha! The correct way to sign your name. Do you know? I think I have been doing it wrong for years! And I was an English major with a concentration in professional writing and I still have been doing it all wrong!

I might or might not send out cards this year - I'm still undecided. Undecided whether I should cut myself out of the pic and still send it since it such a horrendous picture of myself. We'll see...

However, if your sending Christmas cards - this is what you should know.

Tip number 1: (from one of my high school teacher's and second mom Mrs Julie Larrew - love her!)
Remember when you sign your Christmas/Holiday cards, leave out the apostrophe...you are plural, not possessive. That goes for return address labels too. Ok, I am done. Cheers!

And tip number 2: (from Sheridan French who has her own clothing line, blogs and has three kiddos under three and is gorgeous and funny and is a Christian too - very inspiring lady)

RULE: WHEN USING FIRST NAMES, THE WIFE'S NAME IS ALWAYS FIRST.

Read it again.

When using first names, 
THE WIFE'S NAME IS ALWAYS FIRST

NOT. THE. HUSBAND'S.

EVER.

The reasoning is that the husband's first name is never separated from his last name, even if last names are not included in the wording. Jane and John Smith is correct. NOT John and Jane. NOT John and Jane Smith. John did not marry Jane Smith. Jane married John Smith.


P.S. I think I put Marc's name first in our Christmas cards this year! Bummer dude. And I have always used an apostrophe after our last name. Must remember this for next year - I'll get it right one of these years. Maybe by that time - I'll have a few more tips to add to these. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment