May 13, 2013

Happy Mother's Day (belated)

Yesterday was Mother's Day. It was a GREAT day.

Mothers are the foundation of society. They create nurturing cultures that cultivate compassion, kindness, understanding, and creativity. They incubate the dreams of God and give birth to the Creators offspring. They labor in dimensions unfathomable to men and therefore they often have perspectives of humanity that transcend intellectual assessments or statistical explanation. 
Motherhood is not a career, a occupation, or a job. It's a heavenly call...a divine destiny, a holy legacy.

These are good words to remember not just on Mother's Day, but every day. (Thank you Marco for speaking these to me.)

I took these pictures of the girls earlier in the week. Right after it had rained for days and days. The ground was super muddy (I definitely did not think through that one). Stasiya ended up doing a face plant in the grass/mud and getting all dirty. Plus, TRAGICALLY, many tears were involved, the balloons got away and flew up into a tree so we only had them for about 10 minutes total. It was quite sad. And so our photo shoot was very short lived, thus not the best pics of the girls but here you go with a few pics.




I love being these girls Mama. They are a joy and a pleasure to watch grow.


Marc definitely spoiled me with a fantastic breakfast (he even made my coffee for me - shocker) and dinner per my request homemade pasta noodles with seared shrimp and scallops in a pesto sauce. Sounds like it came from a restaurant, huh? And for dessert chocolate souffle with lemon/lime sauce. It was amazing.


Besides going to church we did absolutely nothing, which was exactly how I wanted it. While the girls napped, I painted. I'm quite happy with how this one turned out.


I'm trying to figure out where to put it. 

I saw several "mom" quizzes floating around so I though I would go ahead and asked Taylee some of the same questions. It was quite fun to hear her answers. Hope you enjoy.

What is your mother's name?
Alysia

How tall is she?
30 seconds

What is her favorite hobby? (I had to explain what a hobby is to her)
play outside

What is her favorite tv show?
Netflix

How much does she weigh? (I had to explain what "weigh" means to her too)
strong girl

How old is she?
21

What is her favorite thing to eat?
oatmeal

What does she cook?
fish

Where does she like to go?
grocery store

What does she do around the house?
clean up

What is her favorite drink?
lemon juice

Haha! So funny. I'll have to remember to ask her the same/similar questions again next year.


No comments:

Post a Comment